A sunny day doesn’t automatically guarantee a high UV index, so make sure to check the forecast. It’s also key to make sure you put the Luci panel-side up in direct sunlight. Check the UV index with your local weather source or online on the Weather.com UV index map.
If you are experiencing one of the following issues:
- Luci will not turn on at all or for very long after extensive (7+ hours) sun exposure/USB charge
- Luci light charged, indicator lights illuminated but Luci does not stay lit for very long
- Main and/or indicator LED lights will not turn on/stay lit
Expose the light panel side up to direct sunlight for a minimum of 7 hours. Check the UV index with your local weather source or online on the Weather.com UV index map. If the UV index is low (1-2) or medium (3-8) it may take up to 20 hours, if the index is high (8-10) it should take about 6-8 hours to fully charge.
If you have allowed your Luci to charge for 20 hours and your light still isn't working, there may be a manufacturer’s defect and we would be happy to replace the unit if it is still under the one year warranty. Please provide the information below to move forward with receiving a replacement. If your warranty has expired, we offer discount code PURSUIT30 for 30% off your next purchase.
1) Proof of purchase you may have to confirm the one-year warranty (invoice/receipt/order number, etc.). If the Luci was a gift please provide a photo of the unit, the purchaser’s name, email address, retailer/website and approximate date when purchase was made
2) The serial number of the unit
(starts with S/N, located on the solar panel side of the light - if it's hard to read, please attach a photo)
3) Full name, shipping address and phone number
If you would like to read our User's Manual, click the link: